The twilight Saga Forum rpg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Taylor Lautner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renesmee Carlie Cullen
Admin
Admin

Interview with Taylor Lautner Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Taylor Lautner   Interview with Taylor Lautner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Are you ready for this?
Taylor Lautner: "No."

Was it worse three months ago when there was just all the anticipation or now that it's almost here?

Taylor Lautner: "Now, because the next two weeks are probably going to be…"

Hell?

Taylor Lautner: "Yeah. [Laughing] No, I mean they're going to be fun. It will probably go by super slow for me though just because I'm so excited. It’s a hard decision because when I first finished filming I was like, 'Am I really going to have to wait like eight months for this to come out? That seems like forever.' And it just flew by, flew by and now it's going on two weeks. I'm so excited and then the next two weeks are going to be the busiest weeks of my life."

Do they have you booked every minute of the day?

Taylor Lautner: "Every second. Not a day off. I mean this whole weekend is press junkets until Sunday night, Monday morning I wake up, get on a plane and do a six-city tour in six days throughout the United States. Come back at midnight on the 16th, the next day is the 17th - the premiere. A couple of days later it comes out. Oh no, sorry, the 18th they have a big autograph signing in LA, then it comes out, then two days later I film My Own Worst Enemy before I leave. And then I leave again on the 28th to go to Australia for a week and a half."

So when are you going to sleep?

Taylor Lautner: [Laughing] "I don't know!"

Did you have the slightest idea when you signed on that it would be anything like this?

Taylor Lautner: "No. When I first found out I had an audition for some Twilight movie, my agent told me, he's like, 'Yeah, this one’s kind of big. This one's big.' And I was like, 'I've never heard of it. Oh, okay.' So I go in on it, and yeah, the director's really cool. I meet the director, I go back and I read with Kristen Stewart and she's really cool. Still have no idea what the project is about or how big it is. So then I get cast and I go do my research. 'Oh this is based off a book series. How big is the book series?' So I check it out and just mind-blowing. I'm just, 'Oh my gosh, what am I getting myself into?!' This is life-changing, so now I'm so excited to be a part of it."

It is life-changing. How have things changed? I'm sure you're bombarded by fans all the time now, right?

Taylor Lautner: "Yes. I mean it hasn't changed as much as most people would think it has. I tested out of high school so I'm taking college classes still. I do have, except for these two weeks, I usually have quite a bit of free time. I film My Own Worst Enemy but that's only about two days a week. And besides that, I mean I'll have zero free time for the next three, four weeks but it hasn't been bad. But I mean the difference is Twilight fans are everywhere. You're just walking down the street or at a premiere, anywhere, anywhere and everywhere there is Twilight fans."

It's crazy. And playing Jacob, did you ever think of just growing your hair long?

Taylor Lautner: "Absolutely not!"

You don't want to do it?

Taylor Lautner: "I had the experience of doing it for while I was filming and I think I'm done with it for now."

So you don't think having your own hair would be better than just having to put on that wig?

Taylor Lautner: "Yes, it probably would. It definitely would be more comfortable. I just don't think I could stand walking around like that in public. I don't know. It's so weird looking at myself in the mirror and going, 'Is that me?' It’s like it looks so different, it's weird to me. It's like, 'Wow!' I've never had my hair longer than it is right now, so just looking at myself like that is like, 'Wow, do I look like a girl? I do look like a girl, ah!'"

Earlier in the day you were talking about how there's underwear with 'Team Taylor' on it. Does it have your picture on it or is it just 'Team Taylor'? Please tell me it does not have your picture.

Taylor Lautner: "I don't think it does have my picture on it. It just says Team Taylor in like rainbow colors. So yes, I'm waiting for the day where a fan comes, 'Taylor, can you sign my underwear?'"

Will you do it if somebody asks?

Taylor Lautner: "I'll probably do it but…"

You'd turn bright red doing it.

Taylor Lautner: "I'm like, 'Okay…I saw these things on the internet and now I'm signing them!'"

New Moon is going to be all about you and Bella. Are you ready for that one?
Taylor Lautner: "I'm trying not to think about it. I mean Jacob's character becomes very cool and a lot more in-depth in the rest of the series. He's my favorite character. He's so cool."

If you had a chance to play Edward you wouldn't have played him?

Taylor Lautner: "It would be hard. It would be a hard decision, but I do actually stand behind Jacob. I'm definitely Team Jacob."

Team Jacob all the way.

Taylor Lautner: "Oh yes. Oh yeah, Bella, she's just young. She doesn't know what she's thinking right now but she'll realize it some time."

Page 2
Without giving away any spoilers, it must have been a shock when you read book four.

Taylor Lautner: "It was. I know when I heard it I was very surprised. [spoiler deleted]… But the series is great. I'm in love with the series. I've never been a book reader, never really read any books besides Twilight. Very rarely, maybe an occasional school book."

You were really into sports, right?

Taylor Lautner: "Yes, I was - lots of sports my whole life."

Are you still doing martial arts?

Taylor Lautner: "I don't really. I mean I don't compete anymore. I haven't competed in like four or five years, but I still try and keep up with it when I can in my free time. I go down to the XMA headquarters in North Hollywood where my Karate trainer just opened up this big complex and it's awesome. It's topnotch. So I do go down there when I can and try and kick off some rust."

That might be a good way to buff up for the next one.

Taylor Lautner: "Yeah!"

Maybe you can even talk them into incorporating that into the character of Jacob. Have they said anything to you about getting ready?

Taylor Lautner: "They haven't. They're really keeping things focused on Twilight right now."

Which is really weird because they're going to have to film it soon.

Taylor Lautner: "Right, so I'm getting ready if my number’s called. We'll see."

New Moon is going to put you so much more in the spotlight. I would imagine that what you're going through now is going to be nothing to what you'll go through when New Moon comes out.

Taylor Lautner: "Yes, it's scary to think about."

With the incredible number of passionate Twilight fans around the world, how does it feel to know there's so much weight on your shoulders bringing this to life? How do you handle that?

Taylor Lautner: "Sometimes it can be nerve-racking. It's hard not to be nervous when you know there's a few million fans out there who are just dying for this movie to come out and making sure it's topnotch, the best and the characters are wonderful. So I mean yes, it gets nerve-racking sometimes. But for the most part I'm just really excited. I'm totally stoked to be a part of it."

They actually reshot a few scenes and went back and filmed a couple of additional ones. Were you involved in that?

Taylor Lautner: "Yes, they did. They did a few reshoots and yes, one of the scenes was with me."

Was it a re-shoot or a new scene that was added in?

Taylor Lautner: "Mine was actually a new scene. Everything else was reshoots, but mine was a new one."

They wanted more of you?

Taylor Lautner: [Laughing] "I guess so."

What did they add in?

Taylor Lautner: "It was the prom scene."

That wasn't originally in the script?

Taylor Lautner: "It wasn't in the script."

It’s an important scene in the book.

Taylor Lautner: "I know, I was wondering that too. When I read the script I was like, I was like, 'Really, he doesn't come to the prom?'"

So did you suggest that? "Hey, prom, hello, I'm supposed to be there?"

Taylor Lautner: "I think I asked Catherine [Hardwicke] about it and I forget what she said. But I was just like, 'Oh, okay…' But sure enough, you know, they were like, 'Okay, we’re doing it.'"
Back to top Go down
http://lisavorraber-photography.webs.com
Renesmee Carlie Cullen
Admin
Admin

Interview with Taylor Lautner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Taylor Lautner   Interview with Taylor Lautner Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down
http://lisavorraber-photography.webs.com

Interview with Taylor Lautner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The twilight Saga Forum rpg :: Saga Twilight :: News-
Jump to: